Sunday, December 23, 2012

My Ten Favorite Christmas Songs

Christmas music has been playing now for about a month or so but honestly, I think it could play all year long as far as I'm concerned. I love the beautiful lyrics about the baby born in a manger; some of them written hundreds of years ago. While the traditional ones about Jesus are my favorite, there are a few Christmas songs that I really have fun listening to - and singing along with!

When Faith was very little I used to play The Denver Mile High Orchestra's swing version of Jingle Bells and would have her in my arms and we'd go dancing around the living room together. Maybe that's why that song is one of her favorites! Faith actually doesn't do well listening to the slower, more traditional songs as she gets very emotional and even a little weepy.

To learn the history of where these Christmas songs originated check out my Article: My Top Ten Favorite Christmas Songs and from Whence They Came

It was hard to narrow it down to just ten - but these Christmas songs are highest on my list:

O Holy Night


White Christmas


Jingle Bells


Feliz Navidad (Faith loves this song too! I think it reminds her of her Auntie Barbara who is from Mexico!)


Silent Night


Do You Hear What I Hear


Joy to the World


The First Noel


O Come O Come Emmanuel


Breath of Heaven


Other favorites include: Mary Did You Know, Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree, O Little Town of Bethlehem, Let It Snow and I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day. What are some of your favorite Christmas songs?

No comments:

Post a Comment