Monday, March 8, 2010

Sing Along with Faith

One of my favorite sounds in the whole world is to hear Faith sing. She has such a sweet little voice and to hear her sing always brings a smile to my face. I really get a kick out of her singing when she's driving her power chair down the hallway. As I slowly walk behind her she belts out, "1,2 buckle my shoe, 3,4 four shut the door..." She reminds me of me singing along to the radio while driving my car. But for her - she doesn't need a radio!

When we are in the car together I have KLOVE playing on the radio and she always asks, "what's this song called?" She listens to the song then the next one will come on and she'll ask the same question. Sometimes I don't know the answer and I'll tell her, "I don't know what this one is called." Then she'll say, "It's about Jesus."

There are some Christian songs she knows the words to and when she sings along to those I am so proud of her for listening so well to the words and then being able to repeat them. She especially likes to sing, "Mighty to Save," "Here I Am to Worship" and "He Reigns." Other times she just likes to listen and she'll say, "Praise the Lord, mommy" and we'll lift up our hands together and wave them in the air.

Just the other day we were sitting on the couch together and I asked her to sing me some songs. She sang "Hey diddle diddle", "This old man", and the "Itsy Bitsy Spider." And while singing she added her own words like, "Yeah" and "come on everybody!" Then she told me she was going to sing the "Itsy Bitsy Spider" in Spanish. WOW! I briefly wondered if they had learned that at school. Then she began to sing, "The itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout, uno. Down came the rain and washed the spider out, dos. Out came the sun and dried up all the rain. Tres. So the Itsy Bitsy spider came up the spout again. Ocho." Oh well, so it wasn't in Spanish but at least she tried to throw some Spanish in there and she did come up with it all on her own!

No comments:

Post a Comment